Saturday, June 16, 2012

Banana Bread!

Last week, I bought some bananas.  I don't like bananas...I shouldn't have bought them.  But I'm on another workout kick, and the 'experts' say that a banana after a workout is very sensible.  Ehh.  I ate only one.  Sooooo, the other 5 have been sitting in my kitchen turning into unappetizing, desiccated ewww.  What to do with nearly rotten bananas??


Banana Bread!!







Easy peasy basic recipe.  It's one I've always known, and now I'm sharing it with you!  


First, preheat your oven to 350.

You'll need 2 bowls, one for the wet ingredients, and another for the dry.

DRY
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon each Cinnamon and nutmeg

WET
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
5 reeeeally overripe bananas, smooshed up
2 eggs 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then gradually add the dry into the wet.
If you like, you can fold in a cup of pecans or walnuts.

Pour into greased loaf pans and bake for 40-45 minutes.  Let cool a bit, and slather TONS of butter all over your warm bread!

Diviiiine!
The peeps at work are going to be so happy tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment