Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Delicious Egg White Scramble!!

Egg whites are amazing.  A single egg white has only 17 calories, yet has 3.6 grams of protein!!
I go through tons of eggs every week.  I usually buy 90 at a time from Costco.  It is way more affordable to buy them in bulk, and as I usually use only the white, I don't have to feel bad about tossing the yolk and wasting too much $.  Occasionally I'll use the yolks for deviled eggs, egg salad, or a fritatta. 
Earlier I posted about how to make the perfect hard-boiled egg.  Perfect for a breakfast on the go!!
One of my go-to meals is an egg white scramble.  You can put a bunch of different veggies into it!  Add some spices and it will pack a mega flavor punch that fills you up, and energizes you!

In this scramble I used,
3 egg whites
1/2 cup cooked spinach
7 cherry tomatoes, halved and squeezed
1/2 an avocado, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
dash of garlic powder
fresh ground pepper
about 2oz pepper jack cheese
olive oil
A corn tortilla (or 2!!)

In a non-stick skillet over medium , heat the oil and saute the spinach and tomatoes for 2-3 minutes.
Add the egg whites, garlic powder, and salt.  Scramble it all up in the pan until the eggs are no longer runny.  Take it off the heat and add the avocado and cheese.  The heat of the scramble will melt the cheese and warm the avocado.
Microwave or toast up the tortilla and put it on the bottom of your bowl.  Dump the scramble on top and gobble it all up!  Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment