Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Crab Quesadillas!!

Heyya!
My favorite foods are dairy and swine.  Suffice to say I love anything made from them!  In fact, if I ever get any tattoos, I've decided they would be on both inner wrists and in a delightfully difficult to read Edwardian script they will say Butter and Bacon, respectively.  Hehehhe, one day, perhaps.  
As cheese is oh so very dairy, I eat it nearly every day.  One of my best go-to foods are quesadillas!  They are so versatile, and you can put almost anything in them, cheese (DEFINITELY), sausage, swine, chicken, steak, veggies!  Endless possibilities.  
Well, I had a hankering for crab the other day.  That, and I still had a bunch of avocados from my sale frenzy.  
So I did what I do best and made something amazing! 


You will need,
3 corn tortillas
1/2 cup grated cheese (I used pepper jack, so ZINGY!)
1/2 cup crabmeat
1/2 an avocado, diced
pat of butter

Preheat a ginormous skillet for 3-5 minutes over medium-low heat.  When the pan is hot, add three pea-sized bits of butter.  When the butter is melted, place the tortillas flat in the pan and make sure the flat side of each is nicely coated with the butter.  Sprinkle the cheese evenly on the top of each tortilla.  When that gets a bit melty, divide the crab and avocado evenly on only half of the melty, cheesy surface of each tortilla.  

When the bottom of each starts to crispify and brown, fold them in half and flip, letting the insides gooify for another minute or so.  

Transfer to a plate and eat with sour cream, or my personal favorite, cottage cheese and sriracha!!
In this pic, I ate them with some leftover chipotle aioli!!  
Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment