Thursday, October 18, 2012

Do it!!

Exercise, by its very nature, is inefficient.  You move around, often in circles or just going nowhere on a machine.  You lift weights in the gym.  Like algebra where you never thought you'd need to find x, y, and z in real life, you find yourself wondering if you will ever actually need to repeatedly curl a 20 lb bag of something!  It's what keeps us fit and flexible just in case we need to lift something, escape from a zombie, or survive the Hunger Games.
I'm determined to keep it that way.  Even when the gym is part of my routine, I still take the stairs everytime they're an option.  I walk up the escalator, even when it's moving.  I go to the last stall in the work restroom.  I replace my office chair with an exercise ball for 10 minutes a day.  I make it a point to get up from my desk and go to a coworker's office rather than just sending an e-mail or calling their phone.  Even when I'm on my cell at home, I stand up and pace back and forth.  
Activity.  It keeps us young, flexible, and ready for anything.  Inconvenient you say?  Pshhht, being unfit and out of shape is inconvenient.
Alright everyone, get up off your a$$.  Take the long route.  Take the hills and the stairs.  Easy is for the weak; respect yourself enough to stay strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment