Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Better Dinner, Better Dreams

I'm trying to get back into eating healthy.  I used to eat way more veggies and proper proteins.  I don't know what happened.  I think that it may be due to the fact that I live super close to a CVS now... A 24 hour CVS.  With 24 hour access to cheezeballs.  Dangerous business...


One of these days, I'll post a set of all the pics I took of my past dinners.  It's INSPIRATIONAL!!  But you know what they say about inspiration and motivation.  
To keep your body clean you need to shower every day, the motivation to keep your insides clean is also a daily effort.  Consistency is key.


So.  Back to Operation Healthy Eating.  


Today was tilapia steamed in ramp butter, served over mixed greens in vinaigrette.  




Ramps are a delightfully tasty treat that must be hand gathered and are only available a few weeks out of the year.  Since I want to be able to use them year round, I put what I buy from the farmer's market into a food processor with butter.  I then freeze it and use it whenever I'm ready!!


Put a half a tablespoon of butter into a small skillet just south of medium and when that is hot and just barely beginning to darken, add the salted and peppered tilapia filet.  Add a few tablespoons of water and cover.  cook for about 3 minutes on each side.  When it's ready you should be able to easily stick a fork into it without resistance, just make sure you don't overcook it. 


Toss your greens with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil and serve your fish on top of it!! 



So good.  So healthy.  So filling!  I actually had to struggle to finish it all.  I hope you love it as much as I do! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment