Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pasta Alla Carbonara!!



So all, I've still got about 30 bags of NOoodles left to use up!  Good thing I like them!

I figured tonight I'd make some pasta alla Carbonara!  The sad thing about carbonara is that even though it tastes like creamy, cheesy, baconey heaven, it has approximately 650 calories per serving.  Since I have these divine NOoodles I can have my cake and eat it too!!  No pasta carbs or cals!!
Carbonara is a pretty basic sauce.  It just needs to be made in degrees, otherwise you'll end up with scrambled eggs.  

You will need, 
3 strips bacon or pancetta cut into bits
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan
PASTAAAA

In a skillet, over med-high heat, cook the swine.  
While that is frying, in another bowl thoroughly combine the yolks, cheese, and cream.


When the bacon is done, remove it, and in the remaining grease sauté the shallot and the garlic.


Add the bacon back in and as much salt and pepper as you feel you need.  Add your drained pasta or noodles and get them piping hot.  


Finally, combine everything in a bowl and toss it all up!  It will look delicious!  The hot noodles will goo-ify the cheese and cook the yolks ever so slightly.  If you're using the NOoodles like I did, then you'll be having something amazing without all the agonizing calories and carbs!  
Enjoy! xoox


No comments:

Post a Comment