Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Zeo Sleep Manager!!

Hey all,
So I have the weirdest sleeps ever.  For the most part, I'm in bed by 10pm every night and absolutely must be up for work by 7.  Most afternoons have a nice little siesta in there somewhere, otherwise I'm useless come evening.  Oh, and I have this nasty habit of sleeping until I'm woken up by someone or something!  Weekends?!  Oh lordy, it's a minimum of 10 hours per night.  I want to change that.  I'm insanely jealous of all those people who can properly function with 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night.  They have so much more time than I do! Like 4 extra hours a day!  That's an extra day a week, an extra 8.6 weeks a year!!  I'm def missing out on all that time.  So, I've decided to make a valiant effort to fix it.  Or at least try to develop better sleeping habits.
Enter, the Zeo Sleep Manager!


I have heard great things about it, so I ordered it online and tried it out for the first time last night.  I'm so intrigued by the fact that it tracks your sleep cycles!  Your REM, your light sleep, your deep sleep, and the time it takes for you to actually fall into dreamland.  Once it gets a handle on your habits, you can even set it to wake you up at an optimal time in your cycle.  A time that will have you feeling refreshed and rejuvinated, as opposed to groggy and cranky.  It connects via bluetooth to your smartphone and all your sleep info is compiled and saved for easy reference.
The only annoying bit is that you have to wear it on a headband.  I really thought that would be a total sleepkiller, but it really wasn't half as bad as I had imagined it to be, and not nearly as heinous as sleeping in headgear during my teenage years *shudder.*  
What I found out about last night was that I was really only truly asleep for about 5 hours.  5 hours out of the 9 I was in bed!  What awful time management.  How disappointing.  Well, I'll try it again tonight and every night for the rest of the week, track my patterns, and then next week I'll work on managing those patterns properly!  There is a wealth of information on myzeo.com, and I plan to take full advantage of it!


I'll keep you updated!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment